Monday, January 07, 2013

There is no such thing as too much Lego.

-- So for the automotive issues I mentioned last week, turns out it really was just the battr'y on its way to status: Tango Uniform. It cost much less than I was prepared to pay. I took some of the leftovers and went on a shopping spree. I bought cat food and used copies of Maus I & II and a larger Lego set than usual and like ten pairs of knee socks. It was a good day.

-- Fun fact about knee socks: If they have a pattern knitted into them, there might be places where the threads just go straight across on the inside and don't form part of the weave. And in those places, the socks don't stretch. And if you have nice shapely calves like I do, you might have to turn the socks inside out, pull them over your hand like it's a darning egg and go after those threads with a pair of scissors so you can wear them without cutting off the circulation to your feet. The upside: Teal leopard print all the way down to my toes.

-- I'm still mad at whoever stole that piece of Lego off my desk a week or so ago.

-- I swear I put on five pounds over the holidays, but now I'm back to my routine and I'm going to literally work my ass off, so I'm not too upset about it. Although personally I think my ass is fantastic at any size. (Opinions on the subject may vary, as opinions are wont to do. Luckily for me, when they vary, they're wrong.)

-- "Terms & Conditions" will wrap up on March 15. After that it will be collected in handy e-book form. And maybe handy dead-tree form. After that is "Weather Man". Do try to contain your excitement.

-- I have discovered that if one's cat is feeling contrary and refuses to cuddle, all one need do is crank the thermostat down a few degrees and leave it there for a few hours. Sure, it gets a little chilly, but said cat will be all up in one's business by the end of the evening, until one is annoyed that it won't stop cuddling. And unfortunately there's nothing for that but to get the spray bottle.

-- I need moar Lego.

1 comment:

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Feisty this morning, aren't we?