Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Porridge today, Gromit! Tuesday!

-- Blehhhhh my last mouthful of coffee was in fact a mouthful of coffee grounds. They're in my teeeeeeeth.

-- It’s not a toaster, it’s a Toastinator. It’s not a car, it’s a Transportinator. It’s not an mp3 player, it’s a DrownOutMyCoworkersinator.

-- I learned elian script over the summer and now I use it to write subversive quotes in public places. I'm thinking next I'll start leaving instructions. "If you can read this, go to... "

-- Of course I would also leave instructions like "If you're translating this for someone, tell them to [blank] so I know they didn't do the work themselves. You, on the other hand, should go to... "

-- Drinking wine alone: Sad. Drinking good wine alone: Solitary, but enjoyable. Drinking good wine alone, with a crazy straw, while you watch Adventure Time: Freakin’ awesome.

-- When I'm baking and it comes time to activate the yeast, I sometimes raise my hands and cry out "Awake, my minions!" or something to that effect. It's especially fun during thunderstorms. I also make wizardy gestures when I put a pot of water on to boil.

-- I lost my favorite button, which was part of a five-pack, which I only bought to get that button, but I still have the other four buttons so I can't right now justify the cost of shipping to replace it. I has a sad.

-- Secret Santa's going on at work and I already got a bag of extra dark chocolate Lindor balls. This is going to be a Good Christmas.

-- This song is awesome.

3 comments:

Tam said...

"-- It’s not a toaster, it’s a Toastinator. It’s not a car, it’s a Transportinator. It’s not an mp3 player, it’s a DrownOutMyCoworkersinator."

Win.

Fuzzy Curmudgeon said...

Elian script, eh. Interesting. They took Masonic cipher and turned it into a written script :) Cool.

Joanna said...

One C.C. Elian came up with it for use as an artistic script. Mine has more right angles and looks like Hebrew at first glance, which has already confused at least one person. :-)