Thursday, February 04, 2010

"If it was a snake, it would'a bit you," that's what my grandma always says.

I've been reading about the planning people do for expected SHTF scenarios -- natural disasters, armed uprising, societal breakdowns (riots, etc.), biological attacks, EMP attacks, all sorts of things like that. It's fascinating stuff, especially given the precarious topsy-turvy state of the world today.

However, I can't help feeling that when the apocalypse does come, it'll slip in and take a seat in the back row and nobody'll notice it's there until it steps up to the microphone during the Q&A. In other words, it's not the hand you're watching that takes your wallet. The only real preparation any of us can do is to be alert and fight complacency, not just for disasters but as a matter of habit.

I am just such a ray of sunshine this week ...

4 comments:

og said...

You are preciserly correct, and you show a wisdom far beyond your years.

Joanna said...

Pshaw. I just try to keep my wits about me, is all.

Lorimor said...

I just plan to yell for a corpseman.

Old Grouch said...

Speaking of disasters, ready for that snow?