Thursday, February 25, 2010

I'd join that army.

From something I said in an e-mail exchange with my ex-USAF uncle re: the defunded F-22: "In a perfect world, any defense or NASA expenditure could be justified with the words "Because it's AWESOME! Eh? EH?" If it makes a randomly selected 14-year-old boy drool around his braces, it gets funded. Granted, we'd end up with an arsenal of dinosaur-powered space lasers run by ninjas and the Swedish bikini team, but at least it would have full funding. We ended up here because we stopped encouraging 14-year-old boys to be 14-year-old boys."

5 comments:

Nathan said...

Your uncle sounds like a wise man. He should probably be Secretary of Defense.

Joanna said...

Actually, it was me that said it. But yeah, he'd make an awesome SecDef. Up until he started swearing at the press corps (and probably in German).

Joanna said...

On second thought, I'd pay good money to see that. So, yeah.

Old Grouch said...

Up until he started swearing at the press corps (and probably in German).

Werner Von Braun used to do that...

Oh, and I'd swap the Department of Homeland Security for dinosaur-powered space lasers any day of the week. Much more fun, and certainly more effective!

Sarah said...

When I take over the world, you get to be Secretary of Defense. I won't complain when you go to the nearest junior high to meet with your advisers. :)