Monday, January 18, 2010

This is why I'm writing a novel. To get out of here.

It's one thing to have a movie spoiled by reading about it on a Web site; I chose to go there and I chose to read the spoilers.

It's quite another thing to have a movie spoiled because a coworker can't be bothered to walk five feet to the other girl's cubicle. And it's yet another thing when she gives me the "ugh, whatever" look when I call her on it. It's the second time I've spoken up like this with her.

They should call it the "Sixth Sense" rule of office ettiquette: If you're discussing the twist ending of a recently released movie or TV show, for God's sake, keep your voice down!

6 comments:

Tam said...

Remember: To most people, you're just somebody sent over from central casting to play the bit part of "Other Office Worker" in the movie of their life.

Joanna said...

Yeah ... but at least I'm quiet about it.

Tam said...

That's because you have good manners and are considerate of other people.

Most folks are self-obsessed to the point of solipsism, which inhibits the development of proper manners.

Old Grouch said...

Oh, and "Rosebud" was the sled...

Beaumont said...

Makes me nostalgic for the early twentieth century, when many people were actually TAUGHT manners. Imagine that, kiddies!


"food" (n) : a typical self-obsessed 21st century american weenie -- from a predator's viewpoint.

staghounds said...

You might change your billing if you keep at it- "Office Manners Nazi" is a step up.