Sunday, January 03, 2010

Sunday Night Recipe: Olive Bread

I made this for my sister for Christmas. It's good with butter, or drizzled with olive oil. (Worth noting is that I found the recipe through a Google search that took me to All Recipes.com.)

Olive Bread

In a large bowl, mix

3 c. flour
2 t. yeast
2 T. sugar
1 t. salt
1/2 c. chopped black olives
3 T. olive oil
1 1/4 c. water, heated to 110 degrees Farenheit

Turn out and knead on a floured board for 10 minutes, adding flour as necessary to keep from sticking. Set aside and let rise for 45 minutes, then repeat kneading and let rise for 30 minutes or until it doubles in size. Round the dough, flour a towel and place the dough inside the towel inside a bowl and let rise one more time. Place a pan of water on the bottom of the oven (or on the bottommost rack) and preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Turn out the dough on a sheet pan that has been lightly oiled and dusted with cornmeal (I used Cream of Rice because I don't get along well with corn). Bake for 15 minutes, then turn the oven down to 375 and continue baking for 30 minutes. Slice and serve warm with butter, olive oil or a Very Fine Cheese. Enjoy!

No comments: