Monday, January 25, 2010

Rock Bottom

UPDATE: This post is about someone who will, for now, go unnamed. I'm not in trouble myself. I am, however, speaking from experience.

There are maybe two people who will understand why I'm posting this, and I doubt the addressee is even reading -- but I don't care. I think it needs to be said.

Rock bottom isn't a place, it's a decision. It's not something that happens to you, it's the moment when you decide to stop trying to fix your life and just let it be broken.

That is when the healing starts.

That is when the corner gets turned.

That is when God says "Okay, you've got your hands out of the way; now I can work."

That's what rock bottom is. You'll go however far down it takes to get you there, and for your sake I hope it isn't much farther. But -- and this is from my own hard experience -- the only real deciding factor for how far down you go is you. You'll make the decision and rest on the rock, or you'll keep trying to climb back up on your own until you can't hold on any longer and the only thing holding you up is Jesus. That's rock bottom. It's a good place to be.

I love you.

4 comments:

og said...

You know where we are. Write if you need help. Sometimes the creator works through the goofiest of people.

Joanna said...

Thanks. I'm not the one in the slide right now -- that's another person who will go unnamed -- but thanks.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Joanna, I'm not a regular reader but this post hit me right between the eyes.Good advice,I'm
going to follow it.

THEBURDEN101 said...

I agree with pretty much every thing you say...I like your unrestrained point of view.https://THEBURDEN101.blogspot.com